Warning Signs of Child Molestation
Below are some of the most common signs of child molestation:
- Changes in behavior such as withdrawal, fearfulness, crying without provocation.
- Change in eating habits.
- Disrupted sleep patterns, fear of the dark or nightmares.
- Regression to more infantile behavior such as bedwetting, sucking their thumbs, or abnormal and excessive crying.
- Bruises, rashes, cuts, limping, or poorly explained injuries
- Vaginal or rectal bleeding, pain, itching, swollen genitals, vaginal discharge, or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Stained or torn underwear.
- Unusual interest in or knowledge of sexually related matters or expression of affection in ways inappropriate for a child of that age.
- Fear of a person or an intense dislike at being left somewhere or with someone (relatives, babysitters, etc)
- Other behavioral signals such as aggressive or disruptive behavior, running away, failing in school.
If a child tells you that they have been sexually abused in any way, believe them. Children rarely lie about sexual abuse. 80% of all child molestation cases involve someone the child knows. Additionally, it’s especially important to be supportive of the child. Children have an enormous fear that they are the one to blame in this situation and it’s important that they realize it is not their fault. Alleviating this self-blame is extremely important.
Child Sexual Abuse Attorneys who can help
At Estey & Bomberger, we will do everything we can to hold perpetrators of child abuse accountable to the fullest extent of the law. We believe in fair and just compensation for the injuries inflicted upon the innocent victims of child molestation. Sexual crimes must not go unpunished. If a crime has been committed, the victim’s rights are violated in the worst possible way. The San Diego personal injury attorneys at Estey and Bomberger represent child molestation victims in the San Diego area and throughout California. We will take all the steps necessary to protect your rights and your privacy. If you or your loved one has been the victim of abuse, we can help. Call us anytime.